Take Time to Take Care of Yourself
Approximately 50 million Americans today take care of family members with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses at home. We offer respite care for caregivers who need a break of a few days or even a few weeks.
While many families take great pride in caring for their loved ones at home, the physical, emotional and financial consequences can be overwhelming.
A recent survey found:
- caregivers are more likely to report health issues, chronic conditions or a disability than non-caregivers
- caregivers who report stress-related issues are more likely to die sooner than non-caregivers
Respite care provides short-term, temporary nursing care in a home-like setting to family members you typically care for.
You receive the peace of mind that comes from knowing your family members are being cared for 24 hours a day by a dedicated staff of medical professionals. And research has shown that providing respite care can have a positive effect on the health of the caregiver.
Our Respite Care Program includes:
- an individualized daily exercise program, social and recreational activities
- physical, occupational and speech-language therapies, as needed
- balanced, therapeutic meals, snacks and diet education
- activities that include arts and crafts, live entertainment and day trips
- religious services