STROKE RECOVERY CARE
Our stroke recovery care provides treatment to help patients with strokes return to meaningful roles in life by relearning skills for everyday living. Our goal is to help each patient achieve positive outcomes, regain function and safely return home as quickly as their recovery allows.
The interdisciplinary stroke recovery care team includes physical, occupational and speech therapists, registered dietitians and registered nurses.
Conditions and Services
We treat a variety of conditions and provide an array of services including, but not limited to:
- Hemorrhaging stroke
- Transient ischemic attacks (TIAs)
Through our stroke recovery services, patients have access to the following:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy available up to seven days a week
- Individualized plan of care for the patient’s specific needs
- Patient and family education
- Healthy lifestyle programs such as nutrition assessments, smoking cessation, stress and weight reduction
- Progressive exercise regimen tailored to fit each patient’s needs and abilities
- On-site case management
Easy Referral, Admission and Discharge
We offer streamlined processes for referral, admission and discharge home. This enables patients to quickly receive the care they need after they leave the hospital and get home faster once they are better. We also feature progressive care planning and education designed to help prepare patients for care at home or transition to a less complex care setting as quickly as their needs allow.